- If you are thinking about going to prom and find the cost prohibitive, allow us to be part of your special day!. We have a beautiful selection of prom dresses, shoes and accessories and a small selection of suites, at no cost to you. For more information and to book a personal appointment, please call Pam at (902) 892-1001, email email@example.com, or fill out the form at http://bit.do/beautifulyou. You are welcome to bring a guest for support! February 5th, 6th and 7th from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm – Please RSVP before January 24th, 2018,. 9 Cornerstone Drive in Cornwall.
February 8th – UPEI – at Bluefield High School
- Representatives from UPEI will be setup in Bluefield’s Main lobby to answer students questions.
February 11th – St. Thomas University Winter Open House – with a chance to win a free year in residence – register now at stu.ca plus application fee will be waived.
- Winter Open house, with a chance to win a free year in residence – register now at stu.ca
February 12th – Mount Allison
- Representatives from Mount Allison University will be at Bluefield @ 1:45 pm to talk about the scholarship/bursary process.
February 15th – Dalhousie
- Representatives from Dalhousie University will be at Bluefield at 12:40 am for a presentation.
February 16th – Mount Saint Vincent University – Winter Open House
- On-the-spot admissions and scholarships, meet faculty by sitting in on a class, tour campus with a current student, meet our President and have lunch paid for by Mount Saint Vincent – all you can eat dining hall. RSVP by February 14th at msvu.ca/rsv
February 20th – Tuesday @ 11:40 am – Mount Saint Vincent
- Representatives from Mount Saint Vincent University will be at Bluefield High School for on-the-spot admissions and scholarship/bursary information.
February 22nd – Acadia University
- Representatives will be at Bluefield High School @ 2:15 pm to talk about their scholarship/bursary application process.
University/College Application Deadlines:
- February 15th – Application Deadline – UPEI – Nursing
- February 15th Application Deadline – University of Saskatchewan, Scholarship deadline – March 1st.
- February 28th – Application Deadline – Holland College
- March 1st – UPEI Application Deadline and and Scholarships/Bursaries Deadline
- Applying to Ontario Schools – https://www.ouac.on.ca/ouac-105/
JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS
- Tourism Job Fair – Saturday, March 3rd, 2018 (Storm Date – March 3, 2018)@ Delta Prince Edward & PEI Convention Centre – 18 Queen Street
- Bring a Resume, talk with employers, on-site recrutment, education and training opportunities.
- more information (902) 566-5008 http://www.tiapei.pe.ca
CONTESTS, CONTESTS, CONTESTS, CONTESTS, CONTESTS, CONTESTS, CONTESTS
Opportunities for Students in Grade 10, 11 and 12
Deadline – April 6th, 2018. Marine Mammal Summer Camp – (August 4-13th) Cost $1,500 per camper, some bursaries available. Think marine research, conservation, and fieldwork might be in your future. This unique 10 day overnight camp offers a hands-on introduction to Marine Biology. More information at smu.ca/marinemammalcamp.
February 20th, 2018 – Call for Proposals – Atlantic Universities Undergraduate, location University of PEI – March 2-4. The theme of this year’s conference is “Shifting Paradigms: Revising the Past.” We invite proposals from any high school student with a paper focusing on History or Classics that they would like to share with students and professors from all over Atlantic Canada. Please send a 300 word abstract which outlines (the title, subject, and argument of the paper, your name, year of study and contact information to IDA EMBLETON at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: February 28th, 2018 – Anti-Racism Creative Challenge Theme: Being an Ally Creative Competition
In preparation for the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, the PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is again organizing a creative competition for Island students. The purpose of the Anti-Racism Challenge is to engage junior high and high school students in a creative process to express their ideas and feelings on the topic of anti-racism. Students are encouraged to explore the meaning of anti-racism(not anti-bullying or anti-violence) prior to developing their submission. Rules and Official entry forms at http://www.peianc.com. More information in Student Services
March 1st – Safety Matters High School Video Contest
$1,000 – Show us what you know about workplace safety in a short video (2 minutes) and you could win $1,000 vidoe for yourself and $1,000 for your school. More information at: http://www.wcb.pe.ca/Workplace/Contest.
Deadline – March 1st – 2018 Students on Ice – Artic Youth Expedition – Requirements & Application Process
Deadline: March 1st., 2018 – Imagine a Canada
LinkDeadline: March 1st., 2018 YMCA Youth Exchange Canada Program
The objective of the YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada Program is to contribute to improve knowledge and understanding of Canada among Canadian youth, to help young Canadians connect to one another and create links throughout the country, to develop Canadian identity and attachment to Canada among youth, to contribute to the development of leadership skills in young Canadians and to foster a stronger sense of community by providing opportunities for youth to become actively engaged. Application deadline – March 1st.
Information & online Application Process Deadline: March 23rd, 2018 – Symons Medal & Lecture Essay Contest
The Symons Medal and Lecture Essay Contest invites PEI students in grades 11 and 12 to submit an original and creative essay on the State of Canadian Confederation. Winning essayists will receive prizes totaling $2,000.
you want to spend time doing international volunteer work in the developing world, then look no further than Projects Abroad. In each destination, we have directly employed staff that will organize all aspects of your project and guide you through the entirety of your time away with us. We have over 15 years of experience of volunteering and are widely regarded as one of the best in our field. You can volunteer on a variety of projects in more than 25 exciting destinations. Whether you are looking to gain international work experience, help others less fortunate than yourself, or simply experience a new culture, we have a volunteer project for you.